Baltimore & Ohio no. 6708 at Camden Station in Baltimore, Maryland, on August 15, 1964. The H-16-44 class road switcher was built in 1957 by the Fairbanks-Morse Company. During 1989 construction b... (more)
Empty oil train K043-04 speeds west across the Jones Falls with the last light of day nearing.
Today's Chicago to Baltimore 24M came down the North East Corridor in the pre-dawn hours. Now, in the early morning snow and wind the Conrail and Penn Central Heritage Units shove their last cut o... (more)
A study in running gear.
Baltimore Terminal transfer job Y301 with 22 cars out of Locust Point bound for Curtis Bay crosses a frozen Patapsco River on the Curtis Bay Branch.
24M with the Wabash heritage unit leading rounds the President St Branch off Amtrak and arrives at it's destination, the Lombard St intermodal terminal in Baltimore.
CSX 2102 pulls a short cut of covered hoppers through scenic Clifton Park in Baltimore.
Empty oil train K143-25 with an EMD leader speeds west at Hollins Ferry Rd. Downtown Baltimore and the eastbound signal bridge at Carroll can be seen in the distance.
MARC E-unit no. 91 sits in Riverside Yard in Baltimore, just months after being retired from commuter service.
A beat up GP38, in L&N livery, sits in Bay View Yard.
Built as #423 in August of 1882 for the Columbus, Chicago & Indiana Central RR, the "One Spot" did not make it into the hands of the Clinchfield Railroad until 1900. It did so by way of it's pred... (more)
R402 is photographed from Hamburg St. on a late summer evening in Baltimore.
The crew prepare their train to depart Mt. Winans Yard in West Baltimore.
A westbound trailer train rolls through CX Tower (Carrolls) with the Baltimore skyline in the background.
Q297 swings around Bailey's Wye in Baltimore.