Is THAT our train? Nope. Some passengers waiting for a train get a rare surprise with MARC 68 heading back to Odenton MW Base after performing protect duties.
Only a face the Chessie could love. Hopefully, this is one of the next pieces to get a cosmetic restoration.
B&O Mount Clare Shops Class of 1875. This 2-6-0 was heavily damaged in the roof collapse in 2003. Restoration was completed in 2015.
As another day of first responder training awaits, the NS safety train basks in the sweet morning light at Bayview Yard in Baltimore. Photo taken with permission from Norfolk Southern.
HB48, with the lone OLS unit assigned to the Baltimore Terminal, crosses Colgate Creek on the Bear Creek Running Track with export tractors and automobiles for the Port of Baltimore.
Hot on your heels! Two northbound Acela Express trains are stacked into Baltimore Penn Station on a morning when commercial power problems caused a bit of a snarl. It's not often you see s... (more)
Power problems A rather full station has diesels cutting away from an HHP on the left, an Acela departing on the right, and a Northeast Regional on the far right on a morning when an earli... (more)
A fusee burns in the street as a a Canton crew uses a pair of engines in the new paint scheme to shove a cut of boxcars across S Haven St into the Overflo Warehouse.
NS HB48 arrives at 5th Avenue Yard, where it will drop the Canton Railroad interchange traffic, before departing for the Port of Baltimore with the export John Deere tractors.
Amtrak Regional Train no. 178 bound for New York's Penn Station decelerates as it arrives at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport stop.
On the outside looking in - no doubt I had the same reaction that
Jon Wright had upon discover... (more)
A Roger Puta Photograph
C&O "Allegheny type" No. 1604
C&O #1604 was built by Lima Locomotive Works in December of 1941. The railroad worked with Lima on the project in an effort to tackle its tough Allegheny M... (more)
B&O No. 8 "John Hancock"
The "John Hancock" was built in April of 1836 by Ross Winans and George Gillingham at the Mt. Clare shops. This was one of a series of enhance... (more)