CNW 1502 rests in CNW's Butler (Milwaukee) Yard in April of 1972. This somewhat rare Baldwin DRS 6-6-1500 was an unusual beast, built by Baldwin in 1948 and repowered by EMD in 1958. Bob Bullerman... (more)
The grass is always greener..... UP 1022 has finished switching the Green Spur and is returning to the mainline in Milwaukee, WI in June of 2007. The Green Spur was an obscure, mile long spur on M... (more)
The "Marsh Job" pulls a cut of empty hoppers from the Nidera grain elevator at Jones Island with a sharp looking GP38-2, recently outfitted with fresh paint and "baby wings".
The remnants of th... (more)
After an absence of over 60 years, streetcars have returned to the streets of Milwaukee. Beginning with its first run on November 2, 2018, a 2.1-mile route from Milwaukee’s Intermodal Station th... (more)
A young boy, enjoying the “fire pole” in the middle of the car, and his mom wait for a brand new “The Hop” streetcar to depart Burns Commons stop at the Lower East Side of Milwaukee, Wisco... (more)
A streetcar curves off of W. St. Paul Avenue and heads onto Vel R. Phillips Avenue (N. 4th Street) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, on November 12, 2018. After an absence of over 60 years, streetcars have... (more)
MILW 204 starts its' assault on Lake Hill as it approaches Waterford Avenue on Milwaukee's south side in October of 1984. Milwaukee Road passenger trains flew thru here, hence the super elevation ... (more)
Coming through the curves eastbound approaching Cut-Off, DME 6362 will take the restricting and head into Muskego. There under the direction of the GY, they'll make a setout and pickup before depa... (more)
CNW 4154 switches the small yard just south of downtown Milwaukee in January of 1984. Very little business remains here today.
CNW 8046 leads a Sheboygan Coal train across the bridge over the Milwaukee Road (now WSOR/WATCO) in Milwaukee, WI in April of 1993.
USAX 7404 waits for a new owner as it rests in the yard in Jones Island in Milwaukee, WI in September of 2005. This GE 45 tonner was built in August of 1942 and stationed at the Watertown Arsenal ... (more)
C&O 5250 switches the carferry Badger at their dock on Jones Island in Milwaukee, WI in April of 1975. Russ Porter Kodachrome from my collection.
CNW 6831 brings a freight past CNW's distinctive semaphores in St. Francis, WI in July of 1986.
Hiawatha #339 pulling into Milwaukee Intermodal Station.
MILW 141 prepares to depart Milwaukee, WI in March of 1985. The huge Milwaukee Solvay Coke plant (now gone) is in the background.