"Old Rivets" is fresh out of the Strasburg Rail Road shops after a cosmetic restoration into its 1935 one-of-a-kind "widely-spaced stripes" paint scheme. The locomotive, built... (more)
Old Rivets ID tag.
The first GG-1 and the last E-44 are occupying the same turntable track in the mid-90s. "Old Rivets" still looked half-decent here, 13 years after her initial restoration by the Strasbu... (more)
How many times did the 4800 roll by old LEMO Tower? There's some hope that groundbreaking on a new roundhouse at the RR Museum of PA will take place next spring, and there's also a chance that th... (more)
Looking all the part of a Penn Central era GG1, PRR #4800, affectionately known as "Old Rivets" sits on display weathering the conditions in the yard at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvan... (more)
PRR's #4800, "Old Rivets" sits on display outdoors next to "newcomer", Amtrak AEM-7 #915. Just behind the "Toaster", is a venerable Amtrak E-60 #603. Three generat... (more)
"Old Rivets", the original PRR GG1, has recently been restored to its 1935 appearance, and its three-month-old paint is gleaming. Today, sister 4935, repainted to PRR livery by Amtrak in... (more)
Sunrise casts a golden glow over "Old Rivets" as it proudly sits in the yard along with other classics from Pennsy's Golden Age of Railroading.
"Old Rivets" in her Golden Years
PRR #4800 is located at the Pennsylvania Railroad Museum in Strasburg, PA. The engine itself was purchased from Conrail by the Lancaster Chapter of the N... (more)
For the RP.net rivet counters: The prototype GG1 from 1935 featured a riveted body, seen here in this Ansco-Color view as the train makes a stop at South Amboy. Lurking a few hundred feet behind ... (more)
Two veterans of the Northeast Corridor proudly stand at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania.
Builders plate of the very first GG1. View more of my photos at http://mst145.rrpicturearchives.net
Old Rivets once pulled passenger and freight trains for the Pennsylvania RR Penn Central and finally Conrail it now rests in the yard of the RR mueseum of Pennsylvania