The Annual Railroad Heritage weekend at Tweetsie Railroad held this year on Saturday August 24th and Sunday August 25th saw a double header of engines 12 and 190 for part of the day on Sunday.
Built in 1917 by the Baldwin Locomotive Works, Tweetsie RR #12 leaves the Station for another trip on the short loop around Miner’s Mountain.
Tweetsie No. 12 emerges from the dark tree tunnel into an opening of soft light on a gloomy afternoon.
Tweestie No. 12 takes the No. 5 car around the mountain wearing ET&WNC decals.
A young boy races next to number 12 at dusk while everyone picks out their spots for the firework show.
One of the last runs on the 4th of July sweeps around the S curve at the beginning of the trip with all the families recording or waving.
Tweetsie number 12 sits behind the crowd watching on at the magnificent display of fireworks. Happy 241st America! Happy 100th number 12! Happy 60th Tweetsie!
Tweetsie 12 coasts into the western themed town as they pass the Tweetsie entrance sign.
Tweetsie number 12, now 100 years old, pulls the park train across "Dead Horse Trestle" as they put up a nice plume on a gloomy May afternoon.
Railroad Heritage Weekend at Tweetsie Railroad was held on August 27th and 28th 2016. On the afternoon of Sunday the 28th ex.ET&WNC 4-6-0 12 pulled late 1800`s vintage coach number 7
As the first day of Tweetsie Railroad Heritage Weekend comes to a close, number 12 simmers in downtown, framed by a few pink flowers across the tracks.
As both steam crews work hard for the photo runby's, the double header crosses Dead Horse Trestle just before dusk in Blowing Rock, NC.