Built in November of 1958 as CN 1335, serial A1572. Retired by CN in 1995 and sold to Canac, then sold to TOR ( Now Ottawa Valley Railway ) before being transferred to SOR in 1997. 1201 still we... (more)
Southern Ontario Railway SW1200RS's 1359 and 1367 are the power for trains 598/599. Both units wore the same numbers for CN until retired in April of 1999 and acquired by SOR. Both units wear CN... (more)
Southern Ontario Railway's SW1200RS 1348 and GP20u 2002 sit rusting away. Both of these units were acquired by SOR for spare parts for their fleet of SW's and GP's.
Sitting in SOR's Hamilton Yard. 1348 was acquired from CN in April of 1999 and is used for parts only. Serial number A1798, built in June 1959. Note the cracked frame at the front and lack of r... (more)
A BLACK RIVER & WESTERN EMD SW1200 BUILT IN 1959. BR&W IS A SMALL SHORTLINE OPERATING IN NEW JERSEY.
The road switcher is almost home to Lambton Yard
Remote control unit.
#8147 idles in front of the station, while SW1200RS #8152 switches in the background.
2 SW1200's head to the oil refinery at Clarkson
Built in 1957 by GMD (canadian division of EMD), serial A1167. Nee CN 1271, rebuilt in 1987 and re-numbered CN 7310. Retired in 2000, sold to Canac, a leasing company.
Shot in the early 90's. Shot from Front Street near the 402. All of the tracks are now gone. EMD SW1200RS (blt 6/1960 )