Mixed Train on the Chesapeake and Ohio. The Hot Springs Mixed, train 310, pauses at the Covington, Virginia station while returning to Clifton Forge. GP7 5894 has just one coach and a caboose on t... (more)
The weekly train from Lakeview to Alturas passes Chimney Rock on a summer morning. Clearly, when the Nevada-California-Oregon narrow gauge came through, someone had to move.
The new Gyralite is installed on the rear hood of the Nashville Chattanooga & St. Louis GP7 #710 as part of phase 1 by the Tennessee Valley Railroad in to returning the GP7 back into it's origina... (more)
SOO Line GP7 383 leads a transfer out of Bensenville Yard as Metra trains pass at the Franklin Park, IL station in Sept 1997.
CNW's Eden Turn, powered by a pair of Geeps, switches the yard in Fond Du Lac, WI in March of 1988. The train, led by CNW 4467, will soon head south back to Butler.
Former Erie/Erie Lackawanna GP7 1228 waits for its next weekday assignment at Bangor, Pennsylvania.
CNW 4479 switches some car at the Ladish Drop Forge facility in Cudahy, WI in January of 1991. This is on CNW's Old Line, the former passenger main between Chicago and Milwaukee.
A Roger Puta Photograph
CNW 4140 departs Watertown, WI with a decent size train in July of 1991. The train is headed for Clyman Junction on CNW's Adams Line, where it will exchange outbound freight for inbound freight. T... (more)
The fall harvest is in and the field has been cleared as Boston & Maine train CPSP (Newport, VT, to Springfield, MA, via CP/B&M) rolls south through Cornish, NH, on the Connecticut River Line. The... (more)
The Great Western heads for the SP interchange at Alturas, with a train of forest products from Lakeview, Oregon.
The early years of Conrail saw many leased units from other roads on the property. Here a Bangor& Aroostook GP7 pauses with an ex-Lehigh Valley “hammerhead” RS3 at the Bethlehem roundhouse.
Adam Farence Photo
On a hot July day, Lake County's boomer GP7 (originally delivered to NKP!) departs Lakeview for the UP interchange at Alturas.
Built in December of 1950 as ATSF 2652, it now serves the industries of Tiffin, Ohio.