The Flatirons are shrouded in a winter storm while the HPVODEN1 BNSF Provo to Lincoln manifest glides along in the fresh powder on an early February morning. Shot on Mavic Pro 2 with heated batter... (more)
A Westbound intermodal with fresh snow on the plow from the blizzard atop Marias Pass exits Tunnel 4 in the John F. Stevens Canyon. This line, arguably one of the most scenic in North America was ... (more)
A Westbound hotshot intermodal exits Snow Shed 12 in Essex, Montana after tackling blizzard conditions on Marias Pass. The weather towards the top of the pass is drastically different than below i... (more)
10. The western landscape is the home of grain elevators that tower above the plains and mark the right-away of the railroads. No matter how flat the plains look to the eye, a long train can tell... (more)
31. As I stood along the road to shoot this train a US Border Patrol Truck and Officer was out patrolling the area.
32. A worm train works the grade at a hard slow steady pace heading west towards Summit.
33. A pretty cool sight watching this train wrap around the mountain sides. I quickly climbed up a hillside to get the angle I wanted for this shot. Out of breath but it still worked out. Day #3 ... (more)
37. The Java Creek Trestle has been shot a time or two. I have almost made my way back to Essex where I will pick up my girlfriend and start heading west once again. My previous night travels brou... (more)
42. Western Montana action at it's finest. After this train I will head south on Highway 56 to the Montana Rail Link.
43. Standing on a rock cut right above the tracks.
A southbound BNSF freight eases into the greater Mojave metropolis as a near perfect rainbow has formed in the western sky.