The "Clinchfield 676" greets the dawn on the Friday of the 50th anniversary Santa Claus Special weekend. Two items are on the agenda- fix the twisted running board (above the front cylinder) and ... (more)
The "Clinchfield 676" (UP 3985) has changed crews and is getting underway, now officially on ex-Clinchfield rails. The occasion was the 50th anniversary of the Santa Claus Special, and the equipm... (more)
The "Clinchfield 676" (UP 3985) is deadheading down the old C&O Big Sandy on its way to Kingsport, TN for the 50th anniversary of the Santa Claus Special. Although it was cloudy and rai... (more)
Over-and-under at Norristown, in a posed photo of SEPTA's relatively new AEM-7 No. 2307 (built 1987) and an N5 interurban car (built 1991.) The occasion was a Philadelphia Chapter NRHS fantrip.
The "Clinchfield 676" rolls down the old C&O Big Sandy, on its way to Elkhorn City and beyond. The occasion is the 50th anniversary of the famed Clinchfield Santa Claus Special, and the... (more)
The "Clinchfield 676" dwarfs the Union Pacific support truck as the sparks fly from minor surgery taking place on the running board. The giant locomotive had sideswiped some coal hopper... (more)
With Mt Washington keeping a close eye on the valley, Conway scenic's Budd car rounds the bend on the former Maine central mountain division for a Rail fan weekend Extra run to Soap stone
Two ladies in 1940s garb await to board the arriving special mixed train at Strasburg. The Lerro Productions charter of 6 freight cars, a combine, and a coach was powered by the Norfolk & Western... (more)
The trainman has a sharp eye out as the PRR Heritage Unit exits the RR Museum of PA's yard after a weekend exposition. Fans young and old have gathered to record the event.
The 475 and 90 have just completed a doubleheaded mixed freight move from Leaman Place Junction to Strasburg. Both locomotives are products of Pennsylvania's old Baldwin Locomotive Works.
The engineer has a sharp eye on the track as he approaches the Hughes Street crossing in downtown New Ringgold. No. 9166 was built by Budd in February, 1958 for the Boston & Maine.
The PRR Heritage Unit is running long-hood forward, leaving Strasburg after a weekend on display at the RR Museum of PA. In the background is the 1880-built PRR freight station.
accelerating out of the river Inn sag with all what she's got...
GCRY 29 and 4960 lead a passenger train south over the bridge at mile post 35.5 at sunset as part of a Pete Lerro photo charter.
GCRY 4960 leads a passenger train south over the bridge at mile post 35.5 as part of a Pete Lerro photo charter.