A pair of MILW FM's led a westbound transfer headed to Santa Fe's Argentine yard near the old KCT roundhouse.
A set of FM power is switching out cars for the branch line to Marinette, Wisconsin on a pleasant July afternoon.
Baltimore & Ohio no. 6708 at Camden Station in Baltimore, Maryland, on August 15, 1964. The H-16-44 class road switcher was built in 1957 by the Fairbanks-Morse Company. During 1989 construction b... (more)
Never mind that Santa Fe’s southward local out of Topeka has three Fairbanks-Morse diesels on it, dig the price of gasoline at far right — 28.9 cents a gallon on March 27, 1965! Two H16-44s have ... (more)
No more room at the inn — Santa Fe’s Argentine Diesel Shop at Kansas City when there was a 1-day, 24-hour strike on that now infamous date — 9-11, the year 1965.
The last seconds of sun on a September evening in 1968 fall on Santa Fe local #161, Kansas City to Emporia, via Topeka. On the head end are H16-44s 3013-3005-3019 and GP7 2804. At the time, these ... (more)
2 CLC H-16-44's power the Speno Grinding train as it sits in the clear in front of Golden station.
On Pennsy's 4-track mainline a local with a Fairbanks-Morse H-16-44 is westbound from Pittsburgh along the Ohio River at Avalon, Pa. April, 1961.
Two former Virginian Fairbanks Morse units now wear blue as they switch hopper cars at the vast N&W yard.
#33 is tended to at the pit after a day of work around the yard. One of the workers has taken notice of the photographer in his midst.
VGN #33 hammers the diamond with a cut of cars.
#33 was only one year into service at the time it was photographed.
Former VGN H16-44 now sporting N&W colors works at Lambert's Point, VA during the summer of 1972.
Old FM and Alco soldiers, fading away...
A pair of Ex Virginian H Liners are switching a train near Mullens, WV.