Looking more like a Ken Patterson diorama than an actual locomotive, the world's only extant MLW-built FPA-2 (actually a FPA-2u thanks to a Canadian National rebuild) crosses Dole St. on its way t... (more)
Battling the steep grades of the former Erie, the only operating FPA's east of Ohio dig in and prepare to duck under the former grade of the original Erie main line.
Alco-designed cab units New York & Lake Erie FPA-4 #6764 & FPA-2 #6758 rest with their passenger train at the depot on the former Erie Lackawanna right-of-way in Gowanda, NY. For more pics & video... (more)
MLW FPA-2u No. 6758 on the south end of the train at South Dayton. The railroad was running a couple of shuttles 5 miles up the line before heading back to Gowanda later in the afternoon, hence t... (more)
NY&LE MLW FPA-2u #6758 heads away from the camera at South Dayton with a shuttle to DM Junction on 8th September 2013.
Three of NYLE's locomotives rest under a star filled sky out front of the Gowanda Station.
NYLE 6758 (originally built as CN 6702) pulls a short excursion back to the station at South Dayton on the Erie Railroad's former B&SW Division. With freight traffic dwindling within recent years... (more)
Rain is sprinkling down as NY&LE FPA-4 6764 sleeps.
Approaching the short tunnel at Dayton, the pride of the NY&LE heads north to Gowanda with a chartered train. This tunnel was constructed in 1865 by the Buffalo & Southwestern Railroad to cross un... (more)
The NY&LE's FPA-4's sit in front of the ex-EL station in Gowanda.
A pair of NY&LE units spend Cinqo-De-Mayo at the ex-EL station in Gowanda.