In lovely evening light an unusual 0-4-0 Geared well tank locomotive 'Sir Vincent' shunts a couple of National Coal Board wagons at Beamish Colliery. This locomotive, was built by Aveling & Porter, Rochester, Kent, who are better known for their traction engines in 1917. It served Vickers Armstrong armaments works in Erith Kent until 1932. Then in 1932 was sold to British Oil and Cake Mills, also at Erith, Kent. Withdrawn in 1966 she was sold into preservation. Sir Vincent is privatly owned and on occasions visits various heritage lines. The Union flag which is seen above the mine head gear was only raised once the producion target for a period had been reached.