The car has just left the Woodland depot and outbound in 36 line service. After the carhouse fire the previous year they were running everything with wheels. Take note of the signs and people in f... (more)
A parade of SEPTA commuter trains dart to and from 30th Street Station en route to their destinations along the former PRR and Reading Company stations scattered throughout Philadelphia and it's s... (more)
A set of former PRR Budd built Silverliner II's still call on 30th Street as they have for 48 years though their time is limited as new foreign made Silverliner IV's were chosen to replace them. ... (more)
A stripped set of GE built Silverliners provides a steak of color in an otherwise near monotone scene during the remnants of a heavy snow fall.
Arriving passengers call it a day while those departing look forward to a hassle free ride towards Trenton, NJ. Photo taken at an unusually small former PRR station in Levittown, PA which somehow... (more)
A long set of surviving Silverliner's, with former PRR #267 in the lead, crosses the Delaware River starting off the morning rush.
A maintenance crew aboard SEPTA's Wire Train performs work on the overhead catenary near West Trenton Yard. The train is being powered by a Republic Locomotive RL1 diesel and is on CSX trackage. ... (more)
Crawling into West Trenton Yard after completing its journey from Philadelphia International Airport, a train of Silverliner II MUs is dwarfed by a CSX double stack train overtaking it at West Tre... (more)
Outbound to Sharon Hill, SEPTA (former Red Arrow) Brilliner #6 has just passed under Regional Rail on Springfield Rd and about to turn onto Woodland.
Over and under at Clifton-Aldan Station as still lettered Pennsylvania 269 sits on the bridge as 69th bound trolley passes beneath.
History Alive: The Shawmont depot was built in 1834 by the the Philadelphia, Germantown & Norristown Railroad (first railroad to build in Philadelphia) and is located in the Manyunk sectio... (more)
The Iconic Gravers Lane Station: Built in 1883, Gravers Station (located at 300 E. Gravers Lane) was built by the Philadelphia and Reading to directly compete with the PRR's nearby Chestnu... (more)
A Budd built former PRR Silverliner II arrives from 30th Street Station and makes a stop at Market East Station beneath the city of Brotherly Love. The station was built in 1984 and sits just und... (more)
"The Land of the Lost" Deep in the woods of SE Pennsylvania, surrounded all around by the hustle and bustle of suburbia, remnants of the Reading can be found, resting undisturbed for well ... (more)