GP39V - ex-GM&O 629, built 1965 - in the cold March Seattle sun.
Downtown trolley runs from Tacoma Dome to the Theater District...for FREE!
Pointed northeast and ready to roll.
Leading a BNSF doublestack train, and running southbound through Interbay Yard on the mainline. Great shot from West Dravus St. overpass.
Former NP 142 (built July 1956), sitting in a quiet northern part of the Interbay Yard -- on a cold, misty, wet, and grey 50 degree day
Alco 2-8-2T, built 1929. Taken from lead car, with #17 pulling excursion train backwards to Mineral WA.
Alco 2-8-2T, built 1929. With heat hovering around 100 degrees, unit is watering up for another excursion trip to Mineral WA.
Crew steps away from 909, looking worse for wear in original pre-merger colors.
Ex-CB&Q 438, built 1957
Built by MILW, and used at the Deer Lodge roundhouse to pull Box Cabs out to the turntable. Ran off a really big extension cord! Now on display at Harlowton's old depot. There is just enough tra... (more)
Built 1916; retired in 1974 and donated to the city for permanant display in downtown park.
Ex-B&O Unit #82 on the tail end of the dinner train, with sister Unit #84 pulling north to Woodinville.
Cute little switcher seen on a side road near the BNSF Interbay Yard.
Ex-CBQ 451 now sitting in line with two or three sister units.
Dinner train crosses both streets at this intersection, which is a busy place in this part of town.