Built in 1953 as the New York Central 4076, the 4323 is seen here in 1982 at South Amboy. A GG-1 has just uncoupled, and the 4323 and a sister will take the train to its final destination.
The trainman on the platform struggles to make himself heard as two E8s prepare to depart after a short train led by GP40P No. 4102 clears. E8 No. 4323 was built in 1953 for the New York Central ... (more)
In 1976, the NJDOT became the operator for the New York and Long Branch commuter lines and thankfully repainted the E-Unit fleet from PC Black into a traditional blue paint scheme. In 1979, NJ Tr... (more)
This well-travelled E8 began life on the NYC, and wound up being in PC's and later NJT's pool of passenger power that worked on the North Jersey Coast Line, swapping steam-heated passenger trains ... (more)