This former Cotton Belt SW1500 now calls Bensenville home.
Former New York Central SW1 working at 35th street on a snowy day in the Twin Cities.
On our way to downtown Minneapolis, we stumbled upon this by chance. Schreier Malting Company's SW1 was working General Mills' Elevator T on this snowy December morning. This switcher was built fo... (more)
ILSX 1390 rests under the stars at North Branch, Minnesota.
This grizzled SW1 starts the evening shift along the silos. Delivered to Chicago & Northwestern in 1953 and sold to Cargill in the late 1970's.
The NKP signal that guarded the diamond between the NKP and PC stands tall at Oakland as the ILSX 180 pulls a grain train south to clear the switch so the HLCX 3834 can hook up to the north end of... (more)
A couple of former locomotives of the Belt Railway of Chicago fleet meet in an unusual way currently under the Independent Locomotive Service flag. ILSX 917, formerly BRC 523, is seen from the ch... (more)
The Independent Locomotive Service shop has quite the assortment of EMD power from switch, four-axle, and six-axle units. ILSX 1386 and 1387 are "back home" from time in Texas and Illin... (more)
The elevator east of Montevideo, MN has a good looking ILSX switcher for power. The foggy windows bear witness to the fog that recently lifted out of the Minnesota River valley.
Independent Locomotive Service uses the elevator siding in Middle River to store a unique variety of reserve locomotives including: ILSX 922 (ex-LT 1015), ILSX 320 (ex-SOO 320), ILSX 9565 (ex-ABE... (more)
ILSX 1341 at rest in the West Central AG Services grain complex in Ulen. The loco is decaled for West Central AG Services.
A rare TR2A of Belt Railway of Chicago heritage sits at a rock distributor in Jamestown, ND.
ILSX 1345 waits for the next call to duty. *Note: Taken on private property with permission.
With ex-Soo caboose 091, the Mineral Range's National Mine job shoves northward for Ishpeming with traffic from the explosives plant.
The "Road Train" stumbles back towards Ishpeming with loads of nickel and copper from Humboldt.