A C&O-Western Maryland-B&O lashup leads westbound hoppers across the Potomac at Harpers Ferry in June of 1982. Lead unit CO 7528 is a 1971-built SD40, followed by the WM's 1966-built SD40 No. 757... (more)
A 1967-built SD40 makes a smoky exit from the 1854 Summit, or Allegheny Tunnel, which was rebuilt 1994-95 with two tracks and clearance for double-stacks. As part of that project, Gallitzin Tunne... (more)
A 1966-built ex-Pennsylvania Railroad SD40 pushes a westbound train into the now-closed 1904 Gallitzin Tunnel. The 1854 tunnel on the left, Summit, or Allegheny Tunnel, was rebuilt 1994-95 with tw... (more)
Pan Am Railways Office Car Special crawls into the town of Springfield, MA with MEC 3404 leading the fleet of office cars and the two PAR FP9's (PAR 1 & PAR 2).
CP and SOO power mix it up a bit at Bensenville diesel shops outside of Chicago near O' Hare airport. At this time the facility was not much changed from MILW ownership, but in the coming years CP... (more)
CP 5564 leads a vehicle train west near MP 108 on Milwaukee Road's one time mainline en route to the Twin Cities from Chicago.
Former CN SD40s now on lease from GCFX leasing, lettered GEC Asthom, roll an eastbound CN freight along the Thompson River on CP trackage in September 2001.
A 1971-built ex-Penn Central SD40 leads a train out of the now-closed 1904 Gallitzin Tunnel. The 1854 tunnel on the right, Summit, or Allegheny Tunnel, was rebuilt 1994-95 with two tracks and cle... (more)
A former Missouri Pacific SD40 has been patched for Helm Leasing and is awaiting movement from NRE's Dixmoor facility. Tom Golden photo.
A 1970-built ex-Penn Central SD40 leads a trainload of large diameter pipe westbound in the Juniata Valley. Today, there are only two tracks here and the code lines on the left are long-gone.
CN 5211 and 5023 get a northbound freight underway leaving the DWP yard in west Duluth and starting up the long grade to Munger on their line to Verginia, MN and St. Francis, ON.
DWP 5909 rushes west with intermodal freight on a CN haulage train on BN's mainline from Chicago to the Twin Ciites at Flag Center, IL. This agreement was put in place after the 1985 acquisition o... (more)
A 1966-built SD40 leads a 2-unit helper set on the point of a westbound intermodal rounding the old B&O's horseshoe curve at Mance
A trio of MoPac EMDs are crossing the diamonds at Dolton with a southbound freight for nearby Yard Center. Tom Golden photo.