After spending nearly 120 years masquerading as "B&O 117," which an early B&O Ten Wheeler, the B&O Museum has restored this 4-6-0 to its original 1863 appearance as B&O No. 147. From 1927 until 2... (more)
Built in 1898 for the Colorado & Northwestern and later purchased by the town of Boulder, CO in 1952 for preservation. Now restored and on display at the CO railroad museum.
Santa Maria Valley No. 1000 was built in 1920 by American Locomotive Company for the Hetch Hetchy Railroad #4. This 2-8-2 Mikado has 20 x 28 cylinders, 48-inch drivers, weighs 88 tons and has an o... (more)
PRR Class A5s 0-4-0 #94
PRR's 0-4-0 #94 makes it's debut on RP. This large switcher was built in 1917 by the Penny's Juniata Shops. Due to complex trackage and tight curves of the industry tha... (more)
Wow, Dad! Look at how big that engine is!
The Burlington and the The Burlington. CB&Q 4-6-4 3003, in fresh paint, resides in close proximity to Burlington's namesake hotel along the Mississippi River.
Pennsylvania Railroad M1b 4-8-2 #6755
This incredibly impressive engine was cosmetically restored by the Museum after receipt from the PRR and eventual donation by Penn Central yet today sits ... (more)
Magnificently restored former Southern 2-8-0 385 is the centerpiece of the Whippany Railway Museum. During the late 1960s and early 1970s the 385 was on the roster of the Morris County Central Rai... (more)
Pennsylvania Railroad E-7 Class 4-4-2 #7002.
This engine is actually #8063 (also built in 1902) but the Pennsy altered and renumbered the engine in 1939 for the World's Fair to represen... (more)
PRR Class H6sb 2-8-0 #2846
PRR #2846 one of a total of three 2-8-0 PRR survivors on display at the Pennsylvania Railroad Museum. This H6sb Consolidation (#2846) was built in 1905 and ... (more)
A side by side display typifies the progress made between 1875 and 1924. From left to right; PRR's Juniata Shop built 1924 4-6-0 #5741 next to the Virginia and Truckee's Baldwin built 1875 2-6-0 ... (more)
2-8-0 steam locomotive #542 at N.C.T.M. Rail Days 2011.
MLW built CN 49 on display with period passenger cars in trail.
CP 144 was built in 1886 by CP's New Shops in Montreal.
CN 4100, a "Santa Fe" type locomotive, was once the largest steam locomotive in use on a Class One railway in Canada.