Originally NYC>PC>CR. Photo by Tony Vanier. From my collection.
At the end of the Iowa Northern's Oelwein Sub is Transco Railway Products. This repair facility has called Oelwein home for over 70 years. The place had to fight to keep rail service connected as ... (more)
CNW 205, former CGW 108C, waits alongside the diesel shops to be hostled onto a freight consist for an outbound train from Oelwein. F units were common on trains operating through Oelwein into the... (more)
CNW 4540 is in Oelwein Shops in the process of getting a chopped nose, new plow, major mechanical overhaul and a new paint job. C&NW had an aggressive program of revitalizing its large stable of G... (more)
CNW 4526 mates up with F7Bs and another Geep at Oelwein, IA next to the locomotive shops between runs.
Former Chicago Great Western NW2s 1025 and 1017 get ready for duty at Oelwein, IA. Oelwein was the hub of Chicago Great Western, and remained an important yard for CNW into the early 1980s. The di... (more)
Based on looking at a CNW diesel roster, this odd ball unit started out as a 6 axle Baldwin road switcher about 1951. It was re-engined be EMD in the late 50s, receiving what appears to be a GP18 ... (more)
The IANR Oelwein job begins its return to Waterloo, passing the CGW 116-A at the museum.
The CGW 116-A looking like its going to take a local freight out... Now if they can just get some traction motors for it, one day it might move.
The 116-A is displayed under the stars at the Hub City Heritage Museum.
The Oelwein job makes its way past the Hub City Heritage Museum.
CNW 205, a former Chicago Great Western F3A is mated up with an F3B, F7B and a GP9 at the sanding tower in Oelwein, IA. The consist is being readied for an assignment handling a train of the forme... (more)
The Manly Junction owned Rock Island E units were on loan to the Hub City Heritage Museum for "Railroad Days" display. Here the slant nosed 630 sits, casting it's reflection on the rail... (more)
The former CGW yard tower stands tall as the Rock Island 652 poses next to Rock Island wooden caboose 17958. The 17958 was built in 1914.
Rock Island 630 and CGW 116-A all a glow during the blue hour in Oelwein, IA.