Soviet-built 4-8-4 P36-0147 is met by festive crowds as it arrives in the small town of Shuya with a 3-car holiday special on January 7, the night of Russian Christmas.
Between January 6th and 10th, this Christmas train ran two daily round trips between Ivanovo and Shuya to bring visitors to the town's second annual 'Russian Christmas' festival.
P36-0147 was built by Kolomna Locomotive Works in 1955 and spent its revenue service life assigned to Moscow region as well as Belarus. After retirement in the late 60's or early 70's, it was stored in a strategic reserve until being placed on static display in the city of Sharya, Kostroma Oblast in 1988. In summer of 2018 it was removed from its pedestal for restoration, returning to service in spring of 2019. As of 2021, it is currently assigned to the city of Yaroslavl, with regular maintenance being done in Moscow's Podmoskovnaya roundhouse.