This Soo Line Depot was built in 1910 and was part of a 1908 - 1910 project to build a rail line from Superior, Wisconsin to Thief River Falls, Minnesota along with a branch through Crosby to access the Cuyuna Range iron mines with the first train load of ore leaving Crosby on May 8, 1912. The Crosby Soo Line Depot initially served as a train station for the Minneapolis, St. Paul and Sault Ste. Marie Railway (later the Soo Line Railroad starting in 1961). It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980 as the Crosby Railroad Depot for having local significance in the themes of commerce, industry, and transportation. The depot was nominated for being an essential conduit for the arrival of goods and people and the export of iron ore during central Crow Wing County's economic boom years. Photos indicate a nice collection of both railroad and non-railroad related items both inside and out.