Twilight along the old Reading & Columbia Railroad, which opened for service during the Civil War, connecting Reading with the Susquehanna and Tidewater Canal at Columbia. The old American House Hotel, built in 1870, is in the right-background; it survives today as the Cat's Meow Restaurant. The old station in the left-background was built in 1881 and has been restored and is open to the public, free of charge, on Sunday afternoons from 1-4 p.m. from June through September, or by appointment. No. 8278 was built in June, 1979, and now works for CSX as their No. 2812.