Southwest Portland Cement's operation in Victorville, California, includes a rail operation between the processing plant and Bell Mountain Quarry. The railroad, built as the Mojave Northern, featured a trio of Fairbanks-Morse H20-44 diesels until the mid-1980s, at which point they were replaced with EMD locomotives. Engine 410 was built in March 1954 as Akron Canton & Youngstown 505. SWPC acquired the engine around 1971, and retired it in 1984. It was then sold to the Center for Transportation & Commerce in Galveston, Texas.