A solemn occasion is captured on Kodachrome 64 slide film as the Tooele Valley Railway crew pose by their capable steed at the Western Pacific-Union Pacific interchange at Warner, Utah. July 7, 1980 became the final freight car delivery day as the railroad was preparing to shut down for good. The crew on this final interchange run are (left to right) Donald Lombardi, Don H. Lee, and Richard Stoddard. The Tooele Valley 104 is an SW900, built new by EMD for the Pickering Lumber Corporation in April 1959. Tooele Valley purchased it second hand in February 1966, using it to move ore to the International Refining & Smelting facility on the foothills of the Oquirrh Mountains east of town. After the smelter shut down in 1972, it hauled away scrap as the smelter complex was dismantled. It would be officially retired from service by July 1982 and sold to Minnesota Corn Processors in Marshall, Minnesota by March of 1983.