47441 is at St Andrews Junction, Birmingham, with a Shrewsbury to Poole day excursion.
English Electric No1805 shares the shed at Barreiro with class 1900 and 1400, and some Nohab DMUs.
Steam hauled passenger trains were one of the joys of the Weihe logging railway. Here 2 feet 6 inch gauge 0-8-0 No 31 leaves Weihe on the morning train to Liushan. A sister C2 loco arranges loggin... (more)
Metre gauge 2023 is seen at Srimangal. The loco was built by General Motors in 1954. Note the cycle rickshaws waiting for business.
0-4-0T No 1122 was built by Porter in 1909! It is seen here at Jose Smith Comas in 1997. The loco is almost as wide as it is long!
Metre gauge DLW No 2801 crosses the Pantha Path Road in Dhaka with a train of pilgrims heading to the Biswa Ijtema festival at Tongi.
RRVW 309 and friends are parked up at Breckenridge MN, on a sunny Saturday morning in the Fall of 2011.
WP Pacific No 7641 leaves Chinchpada with a train from Surat. The prototypes of these locos were built by Baldwin in 1947. This one was built in India in 1965.
A narrow gauge 4 wheel diesel loco nears Cierny Balog on the 1200 from Hronec. This preserved line was previously a forestry railway.
A new electricity pylon has blown down across the main line at Saltley. Luckily it hit nothing, and nothing hit it. The photo was taken several hours after the event, and the top of the pylon has ... (more)
Better than a window seat? The folk riding on the outside of the loco get a great view, but also get a close up view of birds, insects and dust. Metre gauge Hitachi No 2507 passes Malibag with the... (more)
4 Vep EMU No 7822 leaves Effingham Junction on a London Waterloo to Guildford service. Several more 3rd rail EMUs are visible around the depot.
Still plenty of locos in the Santa Fe blue and yellow livery at Barstow in 2000.
1207 is a 2-4-0 tank, built by Henschel in 1912. It was pilot loco at the mill at Ruben Martinez Villena, and I remember it had great difficulty stopping the trains on the greasy rails.
Union Pacific locos 3191 and 8232 are seen at Roseville in 1998.