Sunset view from Mid-Hudson Franklin Delano Roosevelt Bridge, EMD SD70MAC No.4731 lead southbound CSX freighter, bordering Hudson river with massive former Poughkeepsie railroad bridge in background, of the disappeared Maibrook Line of the New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad, currently part of the pedestrian route "Walkway over the Hudson". First opened in 1889, the Poughkeepsie Bridge was the longest cantilevered and truss span bridge in the world, and created the only Hudson river crossing between New York City and Albany. Ownership of the bridge passed through several railroads including the Central New England Railway (CNE), New York, New Haven & Hartford Railroad (NH), Penn Central (PC) and Conrail. It was taken out of service on May 1974, after it was damaged by fire. It was reopened on October 3, 2009 as a pedestrian walkway as part of the new Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park, "the longest elevated pedestrian bridge in the world".