Afternoon Delight - 3751 prepares to leave the train station at Fullerton California where it has been on display for the 2015 Fullerton Railroad Days.
The locomotive is in a reverse movement down the car storage siding to meet up with a BNSF GEVO that is sitting just around the corner on Main #1 (first track on the right).
Once across the switch, 3751 will be coupled to the rear of the GEVO for the trip back to Amtrak's Redondo Junction facility where 3751 lives when it is not out on the high iron.
Built in 1927 by the Baldwin Locomotive Works, AT&SF 3751 was Baldwin's and the Santa Fe railway's first 4-8-4.
In 1936, the locomotive was converted to burn fuel oil and two years later it was given a larger tender that is able to hold 20,000 gallons of water and 7,107 gallons of fuel oil.
(Baldwin Locomotive Works Serial Number 60004.)