Derelict on display This poor old girl sits rusting away with moss growing in all the dark places in Algonquin Park's Logging Museum. Look closely and you can see a green spot on the smokebox, under the saddle-tank just behind the front plate. That's not supposed to be there, it's actually the foliage on the far side showing through. The locomotive was manufactured "at Montreal for a contractor in Nova Scotia and acquired in 1913 by the Booth & Shannon Lumber Co. at Biscotasing, Ont. The locomotive was used to move lumber cars there and continued when Pratt & Schanacy of Midland acquired the mill. When the Mill finally closed in 1927 the engine sat unused on a piece of track opposite Pratt & Schanacy's store. Somehow being bypassed by wartime scrap drives, the sawmill was dismantled and moved to Harcourt (Pine Grove) in 1938. In 1958 David Lorne Pratt of Toronto donated his Father's steam locomotive to Algonquin Park for display." Information quoted courtesy of Brian Westhouse, author of "Whitney: St. Anthony's Mill Town on Booth's Railway".