Finished after 15 years! Car Missabe is shown being moved out of the LSRM shop complex and into the museum for its official dedication. The car was built in 1893 by the Ohio Falls Car Company and was purchased for the Duluth, Missabe and Northern Railway by the Merritt brothers, the developers of the Mesabi Iron Range. It was used by the railroad from 1893 until 1931. The car was then sold to Foley Brothers Construction and used as an office at the Boulder Dam construction site. In 1937 the car was sold to George T. Maloy of St. Paul, an executive with Foley Brothers, who moved it to a lot on the St. Croix River in Hudson, Wisconsin for use as a summer home. It has been under restoration for 15 years.