A WW&F crew takes Locomotive #10 down the passing track at Alna Center to run around the train for the trip back to Sheepscot Station. Old Number 10 is a 12-ton Forney that was built back in 1904 by the Vulcan Iron Works. She was originally a 30" gauge engine, designed to work the sugar cane fields. In the mid 1900s, she was acquired by Ellis Atwood and regauged as a 2-footer for use at his Edaville Railroad attraction in Massachusetts. There, she proved too small for most of the trains and saw little use. In the late 1990s, when the fledgling Wiscasset, Waterville and Farmington Railway Museum began looking for their first steam engine, she was an ideal fit. The museum bought her and totally reconditioned her. She's been plying the line ever since and has proved economical and reliable. In the next couple of years, the museum expects to add a second locomotive....an original WW&F engine that is currently under restoration.