Gone but not forgotten...
Originally built in 1900 as Wisconsin Central 247, SOO 2645 was donated to Mid-Continent in 1988 by the City of Waukesha, Wi. where it had been on display. It was cosmetically restored in 2004.
The Herzog ballast train turns the corner at Milton Junction headed for Janseville with a matched set of ex-CNW SD40-2s.
The very late CJ is getting up to speed after doing some switching in Bardwell. With no work in Avalon, it should be clear sailing to Janesville.
These two BNSF GEs are definitely off the reservation, heading south on the ex-WC.
Another string of black diamonds glides by what must be the most photographed red barn in northern Illinois...
After turning on the wye in Sturtevant, the evening dinner train gets underway as the sun slips over the horizon.
The south switch in the yard is out of service, so the Rock Train drops their loads in town and runs light engine down to the yard to switch out the empties from the north end.
After yarding thier train, the power for last nights CJ heads for the roundhouse.
Todays westbound Hiawatha features two and a half engines...
With the last morning Metra train out of the way, CN resumes freight movements with this northbound rolling past the Grayslake station.
No container surfing today, as this new GEVO slides an eastbound double stack train under the signal bridge and past the Metra Fox Lake cutoff on its way to Bensenville.
A clean Warbonnet takes the power transfer west as a westbound Amtrak chases it down on track 3
The Grayslake rock train exits Burlington under the looming Burlington Feed Mill with classic WC power in the lead.
Still earning her keep on the CN, this old gal is bringing the rocks into Grayslake on a stormy day.