Based on looking at a CNW diesel roster, this odd ball unit started out as a 6 axle Baldwin road switcher about 1951. It was re-engined be EMD in the late 50s, receiving what appears to be a GP18 ... (more)
A pair of re-manufactured Baldwins rest behind the Oelwein diesel shop in July 1979. The locomotive classification does not account for the 2 axle trucks shown under the unit at this time. When fi... (more)
Classic granger hermaphrodite, with an EMD SD-18 long hood & guts and the rest built by Baldwin. The sanders is clogged or some such.