A very interesting line of power await futures at NRE's facility in Silvis, IL. TPW 1601 was built as a CNW GP7 in 1951, before being rebuilt to GP7R standards. The Holcim 129 is an SW8 that was b... (more)
RI 4506 picks CBQ 9255 at Barn 2. These movements were done after the photo freight did its last run, and Illinois Railway Museum was "cleaning up" the displays of the night before, when... (more)
The lone older generation Geep leads a cut north for Fulton.
The Mississippian heading to Fulton ms across the back waters of the Tenn-Tom waterway
A Canton crew crosses O'Donnell St on their return trip to Penn Mary Yard, after switching Eastern Recycling Services, and Boise Building Materials.
Santa Fe EMD GP7R 2281, B36-7 7489 and C30-7 8141.
It's midday in the small town of Lapel, Indiana as CEIW 4295 starts switching out cars bound for the Brockway Glass across town.
CEIW 4295, a CNW GP7 rebuild, leads a small local past the former Big Four depot in Anderson, Indiana.
The CEIW 4295 comes to a slow creep for the conductor to grab his switch list from the CSX yardmaster just behind me. Here is where they come into town and get onto CSX.
CEIW 4295 wakes up the town of Lapel, Indiana as it comes through with 15 empties for CSX. The small town of just over 2,000 was founded in 1876 when the railroad was extended out to it.
The caboose train is making its westbound run back to the museum with another outstanding lash-up put together by the Illinois Railway Museum. CRIP 4506 and ITC 1605 have the honors.
CRIP 4506 idles at the Illinois Railway Museum before being used for throttle time during Diesel Days to raise funds for operations at the venue.
A Canton crew shoves a cut of CSXT gons across S. Clinton St, into the Ruckert Terminal.
A rebuilt Rock Island GP-7 leads seven Southern SD-24 units detouring west on the former Wabash.