Perryville, MD was Trains Magazine's "Hot Spot" of the month in the December 2017 issue. Here's a southbound Northeast Regional slowing down to 90 mph, preparing to cross the 1906-built... (more)
Perryville, 1983, with a battered E-60 leading a 12-car mix of Heritage and Amfleet cars north. A lot has changed here in the last 35 years- the signals have been reconfigured, and the partially ... (more)
The 944 has a sister unit dead-in-tow as it slows its Northeast Regional, preparing to cross the 1906-built Susquehanna River Bridge.
Not Down For The Count Yet
Rumors of the demise of the AEM-7 at the beginning of this year caught some by surprise, especially the rate at which they began to fall to the blow torch. Luckily en... (more)
Early AEM-7 action, with the 901 South leading four Maryland DOT cars and one Amfleet car past the now-gone northbound shelter at Perryville. No. 901 was built by EMD in April, 1980, and was rebu... (more)
Amtrak "Cities Sprinter" No. 636 charges north over the Susquehanna River passing the now closed "Perry" tower by the depot (to the right, out of Railroad: AmtrakLocomotive: Siemens ACS-64Location: Perryville, Maryland, USALocomotive #: AMTK 636Train ID: UnknownPhoto Date: February 28, 2016
The Last of its Kind
While spending some time watching trains at Amtrak's station in Perryville, MD an unexpected Amtrak engine move came through the station with MARC 68 leadi... (more)
Train watching - Corridor style! A zoom-pan captured at 1/6th. Click here for a... (more)
Places to go, people to meet - Amtrak's Acela Express races the sun southbound past Perryville en route to Washington, D.C. A zoom Railroad: AmtrakLocomotive: Bombardier/Alstom Acela Express TrainsetLocation: Perryville, Maryland, USALocomotive #: AMTK 2036Train ID: UnknownPhoto Date: October 23, 2011
A mother brings her two daughters to Perryville station to eat ice cream and watch the trains go by.
An Amtrak Acela races past Perryville Station. This station was originally built by the Philadelphia, Wilmington and Baltimore Railroad in 1905 and was later used by the PRR and now by MARC.