F 163 built by Dubs and Co. Glasgow in 1880 is the oldest mainline certified locomotive in New Zealand. Feilding & District Steam Rail host and operate this Rail Heritage Trust locomotive.
The tr... (more)
5120 was built by General Electric's Erie, PA plant and entered service as DX 2611 in 1972. From 1988 the DX class received cab modifications including replacement of twin front windows to allow s... (more)
DC 4605 leads 4300 through Fernlea, Palmerston North bound for Oringi Milk Transfer. The train will return about 2 hours later loaded with milk for the milk powder factory at Whareroa. With expan... (more)
Ab 608 was built by NZR Addington (Christchurch) in 1915 and named "Passchendaele" in 1925 as a War Memorial for the fallen railwaymen in that battle of WW1. It is now owned by NZ Railwa... (more)
Ja 1271 hauls the Art Deco Train towards Ashurst on its way to Napier.
With the Ekatahuna Express train from Paekakariki depot to Masterton, Ja 1271 steams away from Palmerston North towards Woodville. Palmerston North is an important depot for KiwiRail with many tr... (more)
Very nearly at the end of its journey, 7173 sits on the arrival at Palmerston North, waiting entry to the yard after bringing train 545 down from Whareroa.
Overlander bound for Wellington passes through Cloverlea, Palmerston North. The electrification installed in 1980s ends just north of this location and the Overlander was often hauled by EF elect... (more)
EF 30163 & EF 30157 lead 220 towards feilding over the "big dipper"
DSC 2569 on depot duties.
TR 534 spending its last days on the wagon depot shunt. This loco has now gone to a museum.
Stored out of service, EF 30186 sits up on blocks at Palmerston North