The "Kawartha Lakes Railway" or "The Havelock" sits at Havelock yard waiting for a crew to come and depart towards Toronto with a restriction of 15 mp/h due to bad track condit... (more)
CP "Saddleback" caboose.
1936 snow plow coupled to 1971 Jordan 4-200 ballast spreader. Machines rest outside former Havelock passenger station - now a pizza parlour and sandwich shop. Station was built in 1929, renovated... (more)
Freshly painted into CPR's newest paint scheme, without the "Golden Rodent" hearld though. 8203 was in Havelock on the work train picking up and dropping off material for the MoW crews in the are... (more)
Former CPR caboose 434700, now on display, with a small railroad museum inside.
The new back up caboose for the Nephton roadswitcher. They have a 4 mile backup between the silica mines, and they wanted an operable caboose. They already have 2 CPR yellow boarded up 'rider' c... (more)
Once a common mainline sight, this CPR caboose is now relegated to being a rider car for the Nephton roadswitcher for backup moves, and the crew never uses it unfortunately. Now it rusts away in ... (more)
CP 8231, with 8208 and 8200 head up the Nephton sub to the mines with 19 empty cars. Only 6 more miles to go until the first mine at Nephton.
CP 8231, with 8208 and 8200 are about to depart Havelock yard for the trip up the Nephton subdivision with 19 empty cars for the silica mines, 20 miles north of Havelock.
Built in 1936 at CP's Angus shops in Montreal.
CP 2700-73 and 2700-76 are Fairmont Motorcars on Southern Ontario Tie Gang 2. This gang was replacing 1200 ties on the Nephton subdivision North of Havelock.
Built in 1971, serial number 1435. This spreader is based out of Havelock and the Havelock subdivision.
Getting ready to hook up the train for the trip back to Aigncourt Yard.
Led by CP 3111, with CP 3043 and 3070, the Nephton roadswitcher has just arrived back in Havelock with 14 cars. This lashup shows 3 different CP paint schemes from over the years. Tonight the cr... (more)
CP 8231, with sister 8243, are headed west to Havelock, passing through a grade crossing with little or no sightlines of the road.