4-6-0 # 7903 "Foremarke Hall" of the Gloucestershire and Warwickshire Railway is one of 71 built from 1944 to 1950 of the "Modified Hall" class. They were a development by Frederick Hawksworth of Charles Collett's earlier Hall Class named after English and Welsh country houses. The Modified Hall class 'ran freely, steamed well and were popular with both footplate and maintenance staff. After the unambitious designs of Collett's final years, they restored Swindon's reputation. Fourteen survived until the end of steam on the former GWR in 1965, six of them have been preserved. # 7903 was built at Swindon in 1949 and was 15 years in service only, withdrawn in june 1964.