Nelson Street Railway: Sixty years after it was first retired and sold off to become a dog kennel and later a chicken coop, Nelson Street Railway car No. 23 looks great along the shores of the Kootenay Lake on a pleasant summer afternoon. The streetcar, built built in 1906 by the John Stephenson Company, was first used in Cleveland, Ohio. It later became the Nelson Street Railway's backup car until it was retired in the 1950s. After a stint as a chicken coop in someone's backyard, the car was restored in the 1980s and has been giving rides ever since. In the distance, one of British Columbia's many forest fires rages on a hillside.