2-10-0 Gotthard freighttrain steamlocomotive C 5/6 # 2978 of SBB Historic and a station bell in Airolo. Since the opening of the Gotthard Railway in 1882, such bells at stations, keeper's houses, keeper's booths and barrier posts announced the following train. The Bell was built by Siemens and Halske in Berlin. The chime was triggered by an electrical impulse, the striking mechanism was operated by a weight that had to be periodically raised again with a crank. Some such chimes are still preserved in museums or in private ownership. They were called "Dicke Berta" or "Chinesenhut" (chinese hut) by the people.