Nickle Plate Road's 765 leads its excursion train south above the quiet Cuyahoga River on a truly beautiful Saturday morning. The line is owned by the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad and is only used for passenger excursions. However, it hasn't always been that way. The line was originally built by a shortline -- the Valley Railway -- in the late 1800's, and was used to transport coal to Cleveland, Akron, and Canton. The line later even became part of the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad, but unfortunately it didn't make it through the decline of rail transportation in the 1960's and 1970's. Thankfully, the line experienced renewed interest as a scenic excursion route in the 70's, because it passes directly through the Cuyahoga Valley National Park. In 1975, the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad was formed, and the railroad continues to operate passenger excursions to this day -- preserving the historic rails for all to appreciate.