The Pennsylvania Railroad's 1914 built inbound side station in Merion, PA. The station was rebuilt in 1995, received additional renovations in late 2007 and is designated historic building. It is served by the SEPTA commuter agency, though owned by Amtrak which last served the station in in 1979 when some westbound Silverliner Service trains stopped there. It is roughly 7 miles west of Center City Philadelphia. Click here to see the surviving 1864 built outbound station.
Marion, also known as Marion Station, was named after Merionethshire, Wales, the native home of a large share of the first settlers. It is known for its grand mansions and for the wealth of its residents.