0-4-0 ST-T (Saddle tank steamlocomotive with tender) # 2 "Prince" of the Ffestiniog Railway is leaving Porthmadog with a photo charter train. The locomotive was built in 1863 by George England & Co., Hatcham Iron Works. This was one of the line's original locomotives, it continued in use (much rebuilt) until the mid 1930s. When the FR closed in 1946 it was left in the works, part way through an overhaul. This allowed it to become the first steam locomotive rebuilt for use on the reopened railway in 1955. In the early years of the line's revival it was an important member of the locomotive fleet and was rebuilt to improve its usefulness. As train sizes have grown, it is now less used but is still a regular performer on special trains. Prince has also appeared at many events away from the railway. "Prince" was named in honour of Albert Edward, Prince of Wales (later King Edward VII, 1840-1910) who had recently been married.