The steam crew for a Lerro Productions charter at the Texas State Railroad pose next to two of the railroad's five steam locomotives.
No. 30, a 1917 Baldwin built 2-8-2, former Tremont & Gulf Railroad, had the honors this weekend, while No. 28, seen to the left, was brought out for some photos. No. 28, also a 1917 Baldwin locomotive, is a 2-8-0 and was built for the United States Army as No. 396, then renumbered as No. 645. The locomotive actually found its way to the Tremont & Gulf Railway where she was numbered "28" in 1947. The T&G sold her to Temple Lumber which then sold her to the Southern Pine Lumber Company in 1956. At the time of her donation to the Texas State Railroad in 1973, No. 28 was painted red and renumbered as 300. She was repainted back into her SPLC in 2018, regaining her old number. The other 3 steam locomotives at the TSR are numbers: No. 316, a 1901 Cooke 4-6-0, built for the Texas & Pacific; No. 500, a 1911 Baldwin 4-6-2 built for the AT&SF as there No. 1316; And of course, T&P No. 610, a 1927 Lima locomotive.