4-6-0 steamlocomotive # 6990 "Witherslack Hall" of the Great Central Railway is leaving Quorn and Woodhouse station with a southbound passenger train. # 6990 was designed by F W Hawkesworth and completed in April 1948 at the Great Western Works at Swindon, by then of course, part of British Railways. The engine was withdrawn on 17th December 1965 and arrived at Woodham’s scrapyard at Barry in February, 1966. It was then purchased by the Witherslack Hall Locomotive Society and arrived at Quorn & Woodhouse, on the present day GCR, on 29th November, 1975. After a prolonged restoration, No.6990 entered service on 30th August, 1986 and was renamed by David Weston on 8th October of that year.