Although the bulk of their business is gone on the former New Haven RR Millis Branch, Bay Colony still services Tresca Brothers, in Medfield, MA, several times a year. This customer receives cement and flyash which they transload and truck to their plant. Here, the crew shoves two empties to the CSX interchange at Medfield Jct.
BCLR 1701 was built in 1953 for the Detroit & Toledo Shoreline as a GP7. After spending time on the Indiana Midland, the unit was purchased by Bay Colony in 1987 where a GP9 prime mover and generator were installed.