Here we see two vintage railcars in the Forney Transportation Museum located in Denver, Colorado. Denver began creating a cable car system in 1887 and the first line was completed in 1888. Denver at one time boasted having the largest cable system in the world. By 1893 most of the cable lines were taken over by electric trolleys. This car was built in 1886 by the Laclede Car Company of St. Louis, Missouri and briefly operated as a horse drawn car before being converted into a cable car for Denver. Upon the demise of the cable system car 40 purchased by a private collector, fortunately saving this last rare example which is believed to be the oldest powered streetcar in Colorado. Behind car 40 is electric street car #77, which was built in 1906 by the Woeber Carriage Company of Denver. Denver operated electric railcars from 1983 to June of 1950. Car 77 was retired after 40 years of service on Denver streets and in 1978 was found on a private lot in Conifer, Colorado and was being used as a play house by the owner’s children. In was acquired, restored and eventually moved to the Forney Museum in 2014.