Morristown & Erie Parlor-Observation 2006 Alexander Hamilton, nee Pennsylvania Railroad 7129, brings up the markers on Amtrak train 43 (NS 07T) The Pennsylvanian as a private charter fundraising trip for the American Steam Railroad Preservation Society, caretakers of Reading T-1 #2100. Funds raised from the charter are being directed to 2100's rehabilitation.
The car, built in 1952 for the Congressional Limited, poses during the scheduled station stop at Lewistown Junction between the pedestal PRR position light signals with their PTC-compatible replacements tucked directly behind them.
Lewistown Station is the oldest surviving structure built by the Pennsylvania Railroad, constructed as a freight house in 1849 to service the first western terminus of the PRR. The station is the longest distance between two stops between Pittsburgh and New York (61 miles to Harrisburg), the oldest station still actively served by Amtrak, as well as the oldest station to see continuous use in the United States. The structure is owned and maintained by the PRR Technical & Historical Society, and houses their archives.