The large box headlight of Northern Pacific’s first locomotive shines brightly next to SD45 No. 3617 at the Lake Superior Railroad Museum at Duluth, Minnesota, on June 10, 2016. The wood-burning No. 1 “Minnetonka” is a 0-4-0 built in 1870 by Smith and Porter of Pittsburgh, while on the adjoining track and towering over the diminutive 12-ton locomotive is EMD SD45 No. 3617 built in 1967, nicely representing NP’s last high-horsepower locomotives that ushered the railroad into Burlington Northern and the history books.