Since about 15 years, a small group of members of association "Eurovapor Lokremise Sulgen" is working on the former SBB Gotthard freight steamlocomotive C 5/6 (2-10-0, four cylinder compound) # 2969, which was built in 1916 by SLM in Winterthur. The work, which is done in a small wooden shed in Sulgen, is slowly nearing completion, but several things are still unfinished. The boiler stems from locomotive # 2958 (built in 1915) and has the work number # 3337. In total, 28 of this type were built between 1913 and 1917, # 2951-2978. # 2978 is operational for SBB Historic in Delémont, # 2965 is exhibited in the Swiss Museum of Transport in Lucerne. # 2969 was withdrawn from service in 1968 and exhibited near her birthplace, the SLM works in Winterthur, from 1969 till 1997, when it was handed over to Eurovapor. The C 5/6 locomotives have 1350 HP, weighs 128 metric tons with tender and can run 65 km/h (about 40 mph). Over the 2.6 % grade on the Gotthard line, they could pull a train of 320 metric tons with 26 km/h. But this locomotives, called "elephant", served on the Gotthard line for a few years only, because the line was electrified in december 1920 already between Erstfeld and Biasca (the mountain section).