UP 9820, the former C&NW 8716 leads a southbound rock train across the Austin Western diamond, passing the former MKT-SP Union Depot at Elgin, Texas on Union Pacific's Waco sub (ex-MKT). Elgin Union Depot was built
jointly by the Houston & Texas Central and MKT in 1903. The red wooden depot beyond served the H&TC, Texas & New Orleans and SP, which today is WATCO's Austin Western. Union Depot now houses a small museum dedicated to both Elgin and its railroads. The train originated on the Western RR (Cemex) south of New Braunfels, TX and consists of numerous new WRRC and
AOK 3-bay aggregate hoppers, bound for the Houston area.